What is a TOMI triangle you might ask? TOMI Triangle is the unique system we have developed to evaluate and monitor the Targeted Online Marketing & Implementation activity for small to medium sized businesses. The system is made up of three parts: CRM, Email Marketing, and Web Site. For this post, however, we will only be focusing on the importance of CRM.
What is the goal of CRM? What is CRM important to your targeted online marketing?
Having a good CRM system can increase customer retention by providing clean contact data that is used to push out consistent communication about your business. This system can also increase company profits by managing leads through the sales pipeline.
What is the ROI of CRM?
Plain and simple, it costs more to get a new customer than it does to keep an existing one. A good CRM tool and strategy will make your business more profitable by increasing efficiency and lead generation, as well as improving customer retention through it’s prospect history capabilities. As you learn more about your customers and keep that data you learn in your CRM system you will begin to grow a very powerful sales tool.
Below is a list of data that must be managed and accessible in order to maintain a high quality relationship with your customer/sponsor:
- Complete and Accurate Customer Contact Information
- Multiple contacts per account: with contact info for each
- Track & Manage Current Service Requests
- Record Service History
- Notes / Details about any contacts with the customer
- Reminders for follow up calls, meetings, proposals due, etc.
- Track leads, proposals, etc.
- Transfer contacts and info from “Prospects” to “Customers”
- An export function for communicating with your contacts via an email marketing tool
So, in essence your CRM system should… manage all of the customer data you gather and then you commit to using that information to better serve your customer and in doing so, increase your bottomline.