Which are you?
1. a company performing different activities from competition, or
2. a company performing similar activities as competition but in a different way
If you don’t know or don’t have a strategic position, maybe this will help:
Approach your strategic position in one of the following ways:
- serve few needs of many customers (Jiffy Lube provides only auto lubricants)
- serve broad needs of few customers (AMEX Black Card targets high wealth clients), or
- serve broad needs of many customers in a narrow market (Progeny Genetics serves Researchers in the genetics market)
Marketing Budgets = $10,000 – $25,000
Opportunity = create strong online marketing foundations through a holistic approach
Lastly, be sure you are prospecting with only those who fit this model… and stick to your guns and don’t try to be all things to all people.